Importance of daily programme in Grade R:
It is important to structure each day. This determines what kinds of interactions children have with their classmates and with the teacher during specific times. A well-structured daily programme, with time blocks, ensures that:
- Children develop a sense of safety and security.
- Children know ‘what will happen next’ and can prepare themselves for the next activity.
- Children’s needs are catered for, including those with special needs.
- Children spend their time on stimulating and challenging learning experiences, and teachers can spend more time with them.
- Teachers can prepare children for unexpected changes such as visitors,
- weather conditions, education trips, and special events or traditions.
- Teachers are able to put into practice the values and educational philosophy of the National Curriculum Statement (NCS).