Unveiling Aristea Primary School: A Beacon of Excellence in Education
Nestled in the heart of Kraaifontein, Western Cape, Aristea Primary School has been a cornerstone of quality education since 1976. With a current student body of approximately 1175 learners from Grade R to 7, the school is led by the capable hands of Mr. Werner Ebersohn. Aristea is not just a school; it’s a community that embraces diversity and fosters excellence in every child.
Aristea Primary School
A Full-Service School with a Heart for the Community
Aristea Primary School stands out as a full-service school, committed to serving the community in its entirety. This means the school opens its doors to all children in the catchment area, regardless of their learning needs. The environment is welcoming, fostering a sense of belonging for both learners and parents. The school offers a wide range of support to ensure all learners participate meaningfully in education.
- Inclusive Education: Aristea accommodates learners with diverse needs, including those with learning disorders, through its LSEN class.
- Language Options: The school offers 4 Grade R classes consisting of 1 Afrikaans and 3 English classes. From Grade 1 – 7, there are 5 classes in each grade with 2 Afrikaans and 3 English classes.
- Aftercare Facility: A safe environment where learners can work and play while waiting to be picked up by their parents.
Beyond Academics: Sports, Arts, and Values
Aristea Primary School believes in the holistic development of its learners. The school offers a plethora of sports activities including athletics, tennis, cricket, rugby, netball, hockey, cross country, and chess. In the realm of culture, learners can engage in drama, choirs, orchestra, and even take music lessons in guitar, recorder, and piano.
- Values-Driven Education: Aristea is committed to instilling values like honesty, respect, fairness, responsibility, self-discipline, and perseverance. Each month focuses on a specific value, encouraging learners and teachers alike to embody these principles.
- Community and Culture: The school represents a diverse community and offers cultural activities like junior and senior choir, orchestra, and music lessons in guitar, recorder, and piano.
- Sports Galore: Whether your child is interested in athletics, tennis, cricket, rugby, netball, hockey, cross country, or chess, Aristea has it all.
Choosing Aristea Primary School is choosing a future of endless possibilities for your child. With its focus on academic excellence, inclusive education, and values-driven approach, Aristea is more than a school; it’s a community where ‘Only the Best’ is the standard.
Aristea Primary School Fees for 2024
When considering Aristea Primary School for your child, it’s essential to be aware of the school fees and any additional costs like uniforms, textbooks, and extracurricular activities.
The school fee for Aristea Primary School in 2024 is not explicitly mentioned in the available online resources. However, being a South African public school, the fee can range from R500 to R2000 per month.
- Location: Brightonweg, Kraaifontein, CITY OF CAPE TOWN, 7570
- Contact: 021 988 7463
- Postal Address: Posbus 353, Kraaifontein, City Of Cape Town, 7570
For the most accurate and up-to-date information on school fees, it is recommended to contact the school directly.
Aristea Primary School Subjects
Aristea Primary School is a vibrant educational institution that stands as a beacon of academic excellence. Upholding the motto of “Excellence,” the school offers a curriculum that not only meets but often exceeds the standards set by the National Curriculum Statement (CAPS). Here, learning is not just about textbooks; it’s about nurturing well-rounded, confident, and responsible individuals who are prepared for lifelong success.
A Curriculum Designed for Holistic Development
The academic journey at Aristea is a comprehensive one, designed to cater to the diverse needs of its multi-cultural student body. The curriculum is delivered by a team of well-equipped and motivated teachers who bring each subject to life through engaging lessons and challenging projects. In the Intermediate and Senior Phases, learners delve into a wide array of subjects:
- Home Language: Building strong language skills for effective communication.
- Mathematics: Developing analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Social Sciences: Understanding society, history, and geography.
- Life Skills: Equipping learners with essential skills for everyday life.
- EMS (Economic and Management Sciences): Introducing basic economic and business concepts.
- Natural Science: Exploring the world of biology, chemistry, and physics.
- Technology: Preparing students for a digitally-driven world.
- Arts and Culture: Fostering creativity and cultural awareness.
- Additional Language: Offering a second language to enhance linguistic abilities.
Continuous Assessments and Specialized Support
At Aristea, assessments are not just end-of-term events but a continuous process that helps in the timely identification of each learner’s strengths and areas for improvement. Both formal and informal assessments are conducted throughout the academic year, ensuring a well-rounded evaluation of each student’s performance.
- Resource Class and Special Education: Learners with special educational needs are not left behind. They are supported by a dedicated resource class and a fully qualified teacher specializing in this department.
- Parental Involvement: The school believes in the power of parent-teacher collaboration. Ongoing communication with parents plays a crucial role in achieving academic excellence.
Choosing Aristea Primary School means choosing a future of endless possibilities for your child. With its robust curriculum, continuous assessments, and specialized support, Aristea ensures that each learner is educated in totality, ready to face the challenges of the grown-up world with confidence.
Arts and Culture at Aristea Primary School: A Haven for Creative Minds
A Symphony of Cultural Activities
Aristea Primary School is a sanctuary for young artists, musicians, and performers. The school’s cultural programme is a vital part of daily life, offering a plethora of activities that range from music and drama to dance and art. These activities culminate in various events such as concerts, Eisteddfods, exhibitions, and performances. The school believes that engagement in the arts fosters emotional intelligence and a positive self-image.
Music Academy: Aristea’s Music Academy offers individual lessons in a variety of instruments including recorder, guitar, piano, violin, music theory, and ukulele. Students have the chance to perform in chamber concerts, participate in competitions, and even register for external exams from prestigious institutions like UNISA, Royal Schools, or Trinity College.
Brass Band: This ensemble teaches learners the fundamentals of musical interaction and has won numerous awards, including the cup for the best children’s band in Grades 4-7.
Choir: The school has two choirs, a Junior Choir for Grades 1-3 and a Senior Choir for Grades 4-7. Both choirs have a rigorous practice schedule and perform at various events, emphasizing the discipline required in choral singing.
Eisteddfod: Aristea Primary participates in the Tygerberg International Eisteddfod annually, showcasing talents in a wide array of categories such as solo singing, recorder, art, and even handwriting.
The Stage and Beyond: Drama, Dance, and Visual Arts
Drama: Drama classes are available for Grades 4-7, focusing on various aspects like voice projection, body language, and facial expression. The aim is to instill self-confidence and stimulate imagination. Private drama classes are also available for younger learners in Grades R-3.
Modern Dance, Hip-Hop & Ballet: These dance forms are particularly popular among younger learners and are taught by Ms Hanlie du Toit.
Art: Art education is provided by competent staff members and is part of the Life Orientation subject. The school also participates in the Tygerberg Eisteddfod’s art competitions.
Nature Club: Established in 2015, the club educates learners about different bird species and broader aspects of wildlife.
Photography Club: Launched in 2016, the club offers training sessions and field trips to develop a finer eye for photography. The club is a member of the Photographic Society of South Africa and has achieved high success rates in various competitions.
Annual Concert: The school holds an annual concert that varies between different phases and includes text and dances connected to a theme.
For more information, you can contact the Head of Music Academy, Ms. E de Wit, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Aristea Primary School is not just an educational institution; it’s a thriving cultural community where every child has the opportunity to explore and express their creative talents.
Aristea Primary School Photos
Aristea Primary School Application Form 2024
Choosing the right school is a significant decision for any family. If you’re looking for a school that offers a comprehensive education, fosters holistic development, and upholds the highest standards of academic excellence, then Aristea Primary School could be your ideal choice.
Application Guidelines and Contact Information
For those interested in joining the Aristea family, the application process is straightforward:
- WCED’s Website: Detailed application guidelines can be found on the Western Cape Education Department’s website. This is your first step in understanding the application process.
- Contact for Inquiries: Should you have any questions or require further clarification, feel free to reach out via email at email@example.com.
- General Enquiries: For additional information, you can also contact the school directly at 021 988 7463.
- Visit the School: Aristea Primary School is located at Brighton Road, Windsor Park, Kraaifontein 7572.
- Office Hours: The school office is open from Monday to Friday, between 08:00 and 15:00, to assist you with your application or any other queries you may have.
By choosing Aristea Primary School, you’re not just enrolling your child in a school; you’re becoming part of a community that values academic excellence, holistic development, and lifelong learning. Take the first step towards a brighter future for your child by applying to Aristea Primary School today.